Hello, welcome to my musings.



Here in lie the thoughts and ramblings of a 30-something singer and writer, who has some very strong opinions on most things (that you may or may not agree with). Here I will probably whitter away regarding the inane and pointless, but sometimes there may be the odd flicker of something insightful although to be honest that will probably be very rare. Feel free to comment and question, but as always...

Stay gorgeous,
x

Friday 8 April 2011

It's a small world eh?

Hello there

It's been a strange old week of highs and lows. Have realised that I am actually missing my parents being down the road and within easy dropping in for a cuppa distance, after all. Shhh don't tell them I said that or I'll never hear the end of it ;)

Writing blogs has been a serious cathartic experience for me and something I honestly thought I wouldn't embrace. I've found that through this very impersonal medium I can express various things hidden behind my screen that I once before would have locked in some darkened cast iron safe box in my mind, and thrown away the key. Through this medium I have discovered things about myself that for years I didn't want to face. By sharing some of my darker thoughts, I've made my world a little brighter. I've also been able to say goodbye to those we've lost recently and that has been an amazing source of strength that I wasn't expecting.

And I think that is the crux of blogging, tweeting, facebooking (ugh, what an abomination of a word). As a species we desire contact with our fellow kind, we crave that interaction on a daily basis and what better way to widen that net and cast your thoughts further than through this wondrous medium called the internet.

Through Twitter and Facebook, I have made some amazing life long friends. For these simple pixilated pieces of text have opened up a whole world of opportunity and a whole world of fun and laughter. It also does come with a price, you tend to find more idiots exist in the world than you first thought but you learn to ignore them. After all, every village must have an idiot.

So a massive thank you to all those I've met through the wonderful world of the web. It's a community I'm quite proud to be a part of :)

Hugs

K
x

No comments:

Post a Comment